So when Vt Open Founder Stevie Hayes proposed that BDI take on the challenge of coordinating the logistics of the 2015 Snurfer Challenge, BDI and Snurfer jumped at the opportunity as a means to pay tribute to Sherman Poppen and his original 1965 invention.
- Snurfer Master Classic Giveaway
- An origin story: How snowboarding began [NBC Olympics Closing Ceremonies]
- Tommy Czeschin Mammoth Snurfing Footage!
- Get your orders by Christmas!
- Brew and Dave stopped down to the VPR office and talked with the crew at Wintery Mix about Vew-Do and Snurfer Boards
- Happy Easter!
- Snurfer Fun In The Sun!
- Are you following us on Instagram?
- Snurfari Fun: Southern VT
- You Got Snurfed!
Posted by Keith on 3/3/2015 to Snurfer Challenge
Just getting to the finish line is often considered a victory when competing in the one of a kind Snurfer Challenge at Stratton Mountain’s Vermont Open. In celebration of the product that launched the snowboarding revolution, the Snurfer Challenge pits rider against mountain on a simple wooden board without bindings or edges. This year's Snurfer Challenge celebrates 50 years since the production of the first Snurfer made in 1965 and honors its now 84 year-old creator, Sherman Poppen.