So when Vt Open Founder Stevie Hayes proposed that BDI take on the challenge of coordinating the logistics of the 2015 Snurfer Challenge, BDI and Snurfer jumped at the opportunity as a means to pay tribute to Sherman Poppen and his original 1965 invention.
- Snurfer Master Classic Giveaway
- An origin story: How snowboarding began [NBC Olympics Closing Ceremonies]
- Tommy Czeschin Mammoth Snurfing Footage!
- Get your orders by Christmas!
- Brew and Dave stopped down to the VPR office and talked with the crew at Wintery Mix about Vew-Do and Snurfer Boards
- Happy Easter!
- Snurfer Fun In The Sun!
- Are you following us on Instagram?
- Snurfari Fun: Southern VT
- You Got Snurfed!
Posted by Keith on 3/3/2015 to Snurfer Challenge
Just getting to the finish line is often considered a victory when competing in the one of a kind Snurfer Challenge at Stratton Mountain’s Vermont Open. In celebration of the product that launched the snowboarding revolution, the Snurfer Challenge pits rider against mountain on a simple wooden board without bindings or edges. This year's Snurfer Challenge celebrates 50 years since the production of the first Snurfer made in 1965 and honors its now 84 year-old creator, Sherman Poppen.
Posted by Keith on 3/3/2015 to Snurfer Demos
Snurfer Boards will be demoing the new Nomads and Classics this Saturday March 7th at Mt Snow as part of Red Bull’s All Snow Tour. Nomads and near original Classics will be available for everyone to try and enjoy. Both Men’s and Women's All Snow Winners will receive limited edition, custom graphic-ed Red Bull 'All Snow' Snurfer Nomads as their prizes. Pretty cool - a trophy that you can ride all winter long. So if you’re looking for a rad time, come on over to Mount Snow and get out and Snurf!